viernes, 12 de agosto de 2011

AUCKLAND


Auckland is the most important city in New Zealand and the biggest one. It is located in a very dangerous volcanic area where 1.3 million people live. I booked my accomodation in a backpacker hostel near the center of town and went with Petra and Mu to have a nice dinner in a Indian restaurant. I will let you know more about this first day later on because the mornig was horrible.

The most important building is the Skytower that is 328 metres high. You can go up until 220 metres and I did it. It took 33 months to build, it is the tallest man-made structure in New Zealand and you can see in every direcction. The lifts travel at 18 km per hour and in only 40 seconds arrives at the top. I started speaking with someone asking him to take a photo of me when we both realised that we come from Spain. This was the first spanish guy I met in New Zealand after 32 days travelling. "Un madrileño muy majo".
The most exiting activity you can do in New Zealand is Skyjump. I am sure you are not going to believe me, but it is true. You can jump from the top of the tower, of course for money, but the most strange thing is that you have to wait cos there are a lot of people ready to jump even when it is quite expensive. They fall straight down for 11 seconds at 85 kilometres per hour!

I took a bus to visit the War Museum where I found the second spanish guy and after I met some more, but only a few. The most important section in the museum was a fascinating Maori cultural performance and all the Maorí exhibition. Unfortunately my camera ran out of battery and I couldn't take as many photos as I'd like.
My accommodation was in Jill and Geoff's friend's house, a very nice house and very nice people. The next morning we went to the harbour for a walk and in the evening we started travelling to Raglan.

4 comentarios:

  1. Bueno, te van quedando pocos días, pero aprovechas todo: turismo, museos,boda, bailes (supongo que maoríes) y ¿esas alturas? ¿Dónde estabas tú subido para fotografiar a los que estaban colgados? ¡qué vértigo!
    Se confirma mi duda de la barba "blanca".
    Besitos. Esta noche llega Ángela, ¡por fin!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Ya he podido traducir el texto y me quedan aclaradas las preguntas del comentario anterior. No, si verás al final vamos a aprender de todo.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Qué casa más bonita la de tus amigos, es un museo!! Así da gusto...
    Interesantes las fotos de Auckland, los maorís, la boda, el ambiente de la calle, ese pub cafetería que aparece que forma parte de una iglesia??
    Qué suerte poderte tirar de esa altura, debe ser una sensación indescriptible, yo a lo más que he llegado es a tirarme de la grúa de la Expo que fueron 42 metros y me pareció volar, no te digo ná.
    Oye ... dice turmana que te queda poco??? Cuando vuelves???
    Cómo vamos a seguir conociendo el país si vuelves???
    ...!!
    Besos

    ResponderEliminar
  4. ¡Magnífica la colección de fotos. No conseguí entender si saltaste o no??

    ResponderEliminar