jueves, 25 de agosto de 2011

SPANGLISH IN NELSON

It was really difficult to leave Welington because the sea was so rough but finally I reached Picton harbour.


I met Noel and Cristina a few weaks ago and they invited me to stay in their home in Nelson because they are really keen to learn Castellano. Noel worked as an English teacher in Córdoba last year.


They showed me a lot of nice places in Nelson, Pohara beach or the Waikoropupu Springs, the most clear water ever in the world. You can see the rocks 16 m deep at the bootom. 14.000 litres of water rises from the spring every second. It was a nice walk where we enjoied a lot of old trees species.
Noel is really proud of his earthworms and he feed it every day with organic rubish to obtain compost.
The weather is absolutely diferent between Wellington and Nelson. While in Wellington it is often raining in Nelson it is always springtimes but the distance is not longer than 240 kms.
The sunday we were sailing in the morning and in the afternoon we went to a rugby much: Tasman Makos vs Otago, unfortunaly our teem lost the game in extra time. After the match we went to have some beer with friends and some kind “person” introduced me to a very well known Crusaider's player.
Thank you so much friends for sharing your city and your kind and warm accommodation with me. I hope to see you in Spain soon.
 I stayed in Kaikoura a couple of days to see whales on my way back to Christchurch and I saw whales but I am not a very good sailor, I felt seasick and I fed the fishes!

2 comentarios:

  1. ¡Qué bonitas fotos! se nota que ha mejorado el tiempo pues la luz es primaveral, aunque la denudez de los árboles y la ropa recuerdan que aún hace frío. Los platos de este lugra tienen mejor pinta, pero... los de aquí mejores.
    Ya estás en la cuenta atrás... pronto nos vemos ¿vas a venir con la barba? Besitos.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Qué suerte, los amigos con los que te vás encontrando no?
    Qué buena gente!!

    ResponderEliminar